Poster Presented at the ACP Indiana Chapter 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting, October 2022.
• A 60-year-old male presented with new onset atrial fibrillation and hyperthyroidism.
• His past medical history was significant for germline TTN mutation and recurrent ventricular tachycardia status post implantable cardiac defibrillator placement.
• He had been treated with amiodarone for two and a half years and had stopped the medication eight months prior to presentation.
• Laboratory workup was done (table 1) and an ultrasound of the thyroid gland showed a multinodular goiter with subcentimeter cysts and a right lower lobe nodule.
• A follow-up thyroid ultrasound twelve months later showed a new 11 mm nodule in the left lower lobe and a stable 5 mm nodule in the right lower lobe.
• Fine needle aspiration of the left nodule was suspicious for follicular neoplasm with suspicious Afirma Genome Sequence Classifier testing (corresponding to ~ 50% risk of malignancy).
Shukla, Payal MD, MS and Schroeder, Emily B. MD, "Papillary Thyroid Cancer in a Patient with Germline TTN Mutation" (2022). Internal Medicine Residency. 1.