The Parkview Pharmacy Department strives to provide the highest quality, talented and compassionate pharmaceutical care through a philosophy of evidence-based best practices in a variety of settings (inpatient, outpatient, and ambulatory). The department is committed to Parkview’s American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency and PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency which focus on evidence-based patient care and research opportunities for clinical questions within our patient population. The pharmacy team is actively involved in providing experiential training and medication evaluation opportunities for Doctor of Pharmacy students from various academic institutions.
Guiding Principles of Parkview pharmacy: To be recognized as uniquely suited and essential across all patient-care settings to provide and deliver person-centered pharmacy care to promote health, well-being, and quality of life. We will achieve this by:
• Proactively evaluating and continually monitoring all medication-use processes to ensure safety above all else.
• Using evidence-based principles by tailoring medication management to disease-state management in collaboration with other health-care disciplines.
• Ensuring optimal outcomes through person-specific, safe, and therapeutic care at the best cost.
• Integrating pharmacy services at the appropriate point of access incorporating patient preference.
Browse the Pharmacy Research Collections:
- Evaluating prescribing patterns of long-acting injectable antipsychotics at a community health system
- Methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus: Utilization of decolonization protocol and incidence of surgical site infections in orthopedic and cardiac bypass surgical patients
- Use of steroids for early stage ARDS in ICU patients