2017 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting / Orlando, Florida / Poster # 10-096
• Rapid sequence intubation (RSI) is a sequential process performed to facilitate safe and emergent tracheal intubation
• Based on the urgency of RSI, medication errors may occur due to the need for immediate selection of medications and accurate dosing
• To characterize the overall RSI process in the emergency department
• Identify possible areas for education and improvement
• Identify adverse events associated with RSI medications
Eakins, Jason P. PharmD; Armstrong, William PharmD, BCPS; Statz, Bryan PharmD; and Sienko, Sarah E. PharmD, "Characterization of Rapid Sequence Intubation in the Emergency Department" (2017). Pharmacy. 19.