Pulmonary & Critical Care Insider Issue 2
Compiled by Bharat Bajantri, MD, and librarian Sarah Ellsworth, MLS for the clinicians of the Pulmonary and Critical Care team of Parkview.
The goal of this newsletter is to give a brief summary of the most pertinent articles to everyday practice and an attempt to keep up with literature as best as possible. Newsletters go out every 1-2 months.
Summaries/Topics in this issue:
- Spontaneous Breathing Trials
- Enteral feedings
- EFFORT Protein trial
- The NUTRIREA-3 trial
- Veno-venous extracorporeal carbon dioxide removal (vv-ECCO2 R)
- Acute hypoxemic respiratory failure (AHRF)
- Penicillin allergy
- PEN-FAST score
- Etomidate increases mortality
- SPICE III
- Albumin for cirrhotic patients in septic shock
- Blood cultures from A lines
Bajantri, Bharat MD and Ellsworth, Sarah MLS, "Pulmonary & Critical Care Insider: Issue 2" (2023). Critical Care & Pulmonary. 1.